Clarice Feldman at americanthinker blog has a great explanation of the ridiculous Golden Showers dossier.
She quotes at article by Mollie Hemingway at The Federalist for synopsis.
Space and copyright limitations keep me from quoting more of it, but here are the ten things about the dossier Hemingway thinks you should know:
“1) Russian officials were sources of key claims in dossier”
“2) No, the Russian dossier was not initially funded by Republicans”
“3) The dossier is chock full of discredited information”
“4) The dossier was used as a basis for wiretaps on American citizens”
5) The FBI also paid for the dossier
…When Trump asked about the FBI payment, many political journalists feigned shock and outrage that he would make such a claim.
They should not have. Their outlets had already reported that the FBI had tried to pay for the dossier and had, in fact, reimbursed expenses for the dossier. We do not know if those expenses include the payments to the Russian officials for salacious stories on Republican nominee for president Trump.
6) Dossier publisher Fusion GPS works with shady outfits”
7) Fusion GPS’ ties to media are problematic
The principals at Fusion GPS are well-connected to mainstream media reporters. They are former journalists themselves, and know how to package stories and provide information to push narratives. They are, in fact, close friends with some of the top reporters who have covered the Russia-Trump collusion story.
Fusion GPS has placed stories with friendly reporters while fighting congressional investigators’ attempts to find out the group’s sources of funding. Fusion GPS leaders have taken the Fifth and fought subpoenas for information about the group’s involvement with Russia.
8) Jim Comey personally briefed Trump on the dossier, shortly before CNN reported it
What really got the ball rolling on last year’s Russia-Trump conspiracy theory, then, was not the dossier itself but the briefing of it by Obama intelligence chiefs to President-elect Trump in January. Former FBI head Jim Comey admitted under oath that former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper asked him to personally brief President Trump about this dossier. The fact of that meeting was quickly leaked to CNN.
Given the dossier’s many problems, was the entire purpose of the meeting to produce the leak that the meeting happened?
9) Mueller investigation spurred by dossier and illegal leaks from intelligence operatives about Trump.
We know from previous reporting that the dossier of Russia-supplied information or disinformation was used by the FBI to secure a warrant to spy on an American citizen advising an opposing political party’s presidential campaign. We know that this dossier was funded at least in part by the Clinton campaign, the Democratic National Committee, and the FBI. The firm that produced the report was itself funded by Russians.
10) The Steele dossier was a Clinton/DNC-funded operation supported by the FBI and influenced heavily by Russian operatives in the Kremlin The Clinton campaign, the DNC, and the FBI all worked wittingly or unwittingly with Russians to affect the results of the 2016 election. Far from just meeting with a Russian and not getting dirt on a political opponent, these groups wittingly or unwittingly paid Russian operatives for disinformation to harm Trump during the 2016 election and beyond.
Worse, these efforts perverted our justice system by forcing the attorney general to recuse himself for the crime of having served as a surrogate on the Trump campaign, spawning a massive, sprawling, limitless probe over Russia.
Fusion GPS was also doing work directly for the Russians, which makes its claims doubly suspect:
Keep all this in mind when the media tries to make something out of this fabricated smear job.