The tight race there Tuesday night gets painted by the media as a warning sign for the GOP. According to them, we are always losing, even when we’re winning!
I liked this thread from Twitter by Thomas Wictor. He points out the truth.
(1) Ohio special election.
You’re all missing the point.
THIS is the point.
(2) We don’t know what @GOP and @realDonaldTrump decided.
I just saw something actually says the OPPOSITE of the claim.
(3) Balderson (R) got 40% of the 2016 turnout.
O’Connor (D) got 87% of the 2016 Turnout.
(4) And the Democrats STILL LOST.
This is a different way of looking at the same numbers.
(5) In a 2018 special election, the Republican got 100,052 votes.
In the 2016 general election, the Democrat got 112,638 votes.
(6) Trump got almost as many Republicans to vote in a SPECIAL ELECTION as Democrats voted in a GENERAL ELECTION.
That’s the power of Trump.
(7) I know that people mong fear in order to make you read their Websites, but as always, they’re making you afraid for no reason.
Most people are still stuck in the pre-Trump era.
(8) All you need is enough people to win.
You don’t need a “mandate.”
Bill Clinton never got a mandate, but he was always held up as The Best Democrat Who Ever Lived.
(9) Remember the 1984 New York Times article about Trump?
He kept ALL HIS RECORDS IN HIS HEAD.
So it’s virtually certain that he knew DOWN TO THE VOTE what he needed in Ohio.
He didn’t NEED 87 percent of the 2016 turnout.
(10) You really MUST RELEASE THE TRUMP.
Do not second-guess him.
LEFTISTS are all about symbolism and rhetoric.
Trump is about RESOURCES.
(11) “Hillary won the popular vote!”
And Hillary has two feet.
Neither fact has anything to do with winning the presidency.
(12) You know why Republicans always struggle?
Because they let the Democrats set the terms.
(13) @Acosta is used to this Communist Chinese bullshit working.
(14) “It’s great to be underestimated.”
–Donald John Trump
(15) @realDonaldTrump always said that the FAKE-NEWS media is the enemy of the people.
@Acosta then VOLUNTARILY DEFINED HIMSELF as the fake-news media.
(16) Thus Acosta shows himself to be a nitwit, and his yappy dog act is a waste of time.
Trump is careful to always refer to the FAKE-NEWS media.
Acosta is too stupid and arrogant to see that.
(17) This is no exaggeration:
@realDonaldTrump is the most radical political leader in human history.
Only Mohammed bin Salman matches him.
And that’s why they work together so well.
(18) Trump has thought of everything.
One secret to his success is that he has abandoned the superfluous.
If you don’t NEED 87 percent of the electorate to show up, why waste time trying to make it happen?
(19) Stop worrying about symbolism and rhetoric.
That’s Acosta’s job…