If you watched “The Bible” last night, perhaps you were dumbstruck as I was to see Satan bear a remarkable resemblance to our current Commander in Chief.
I called to Mr. Midtown Republican who was in the other room brushing the dog’s teeth. Pausing the DVR, I ran it back for him. Although he suffers from poor vision, the similarity between the two was not lost on him either.
Did Mark Burnett and Roma Downey make a subtle statement in the highly viewed series? I have to conclude yes.
The American Catholic blog – tongue in cheek – explained why we are wrong with a top ten list:
1. Hell has never run a deficit.
2. Satan, whatever his other manifest evils, has never voted present.
3. Satan resides in Hell and Obama resides in Chicago. (A small difference I concede.).
4. Satan is the prince of liars, while Obama is at most an archduke of liars.
5. Satan to my knowledge has never eaten dog.
6. Satan has never used a teleprompter as far as I know.
7. The people of the United States have never elected Satan as President, although if God were running as a Republican and Satan as a Democrat in Cook County, I would not like God’s chances.
8. Satan has never attempted to have the Catholic Church pay for birth control.
9. Satan gets almost as bad press in the Mainstream Media as the Republican party.
10. Satan does not have a second in command as dimwitted as Biden.